Re: [oc] Meiko FPU

Paul,

The Meiko core is privately owned. I wouldn't know where you
could get a copy.....

I was involved in developed the FPU while at Meiko. Meiko
went into Chapter 11, and eventually all rights to this and
the other Meiko IP were acquired by Quadrics (www.quadrics.com).

Sun is the only licensee, though they subcontracted production
of a number of parts containing the FPU to LSI-Logic, TI and
Fujitsu. Interestingly LSI-Logic started production BEFORE Meiko
had granted a sub contract clause in Sun's contract. I spotted
this by chance when we got some new Sun's with different FPU's
in. We checked the timing of key operations and found they
matched our FPU.

Fred