Re: [openrisc] using GDB for remote debugging.

Hi!

To my surpise I've noticed there is no info how to do that.
I've added few lines to http://www.opencores.org/projects/or1k/GNU%20Toolchain%20Port
and wrote http://www.opencores.org/cgi-bin/cvsget.cgi/or1k/jtag/README

Please tell me if you experience any problems, or find any errors in the manual.

Currently we only have support for Xilinx Parallel Port III cable, which can be bought
for ~20$ (guessing). Or you can make your own copy for a few $. Try searching
the web, if there is any schematic (please tell me, so that I can add a link),
otherwise we can draw it up for you.
We had to use proprietary JP1 protocol, since no other were free or would require
extra (expensive) hardware.

This way you can get really good and powerful debugging system for just a few $.

Marko

BTW: did you have any problems with building other tools? I would like to update
the web a bit, but we are getting little feedback -- probably because everything is
working perfectly :)))