Re: Re: [openrisc] or32 compile errors

> 1) You can build and install uclibc. Instructions are on openrisc web page
> under or1k gnutoolchain. However there is a glitch at the moment which will
> cause that after you install uclibc, you will have top provide __stdio_init
> function. I think this can be simply a dummy function that actually don't
> do anything. Since I'm not an expert, I will leave for experts to comment.
> At leats one of the experts is on vacation until next week.
:) I am not the expert either but there is/was a glictch in official version
of uclibc that did require __stdio_init in case you did not use any uclibc
functions and you linked it in. If you add any stdio function this function
will be generated for you.

> 2) You can create your own crt0.o in install_path/or32-uclinux/lib (where
> install_path could be /opt/or32-uclinux - note or32-uclinux needs to be
> repeated twice !). Important is that you put _start function in your
> crt0.o. You can try something like this:
It is maybe better to specify -nostdlib when compiling, if you are not
planning to use uclibc at all, but you have or32-uclibc complier.
You can also build or32-elf compiler. AFAIK this should work ok,
but I did not test it.

> I tried to build or32-rtems, even thought ATS builds it, I had some
> problems using it. Anyway you can give it a try. Ivan, do you know if
> or32-rtems can be built OK? I tried both gcc 3.1 and gcc 2.95.2 and in one
> case I had an issue with elf32-or32 format and in the other with binutils.
> Can't remember details right now.
Would need more details about this issue to help further.

best regards,
Marko