Re: [openrisc] building toolchain

On Friday 16 August 2002 02:29, zixim@sohu.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building the GNU toolchain for Openrisc. Is "--target=or32-elf" the
> right option  to build the whole toolchain for Openrisc that runs native
> code (there is no Operating System on the or32 FPGA board) or should I use
> another build option?
To build an application without OS, you can use either of
or32-rtems (gcc 2.95.2 or 3.1)
or32-uclinux (gcc 2.95.2 or 3.1)

with these you must specify -nostdlib option if you compile it without
libraries (e.g. newlib/uclibc).

or or32-elf like you said should work, but I personally have not tested it
yet. But the gcc configuration for elf and [uc]linux are *very* similar.

Marko