RE: [usb] host controller transceiver?

Hello,
We made an extensive search of available PHY some months ago. As far as I
know the situation is as follows :
- Many makers are only providing these components as IP to be integrated in
larger "custom" silicon designs. Ie. there is no real chip available. This
is the case for inSilicon.
- Philips is providing one. Cheap and small package ...
  The bad thing is that it is not compatible with the UTMI specification.
  The second drawback is that the full speed tranceiver logic is not
implemented.
  Only the high speed one is. This makes the FPGA more complicated (Ie. You
need to implement
  the DPLL, bit-unstuffing, ... by yourself for full speed).
  We got samples :-))
- Kawasaki LSI www.klsi.com is providing a nearly compliant UTMI chip.
  It works fine and we got samples. We will go in production with it.
- TI is forecasting a tranceiver. I have no news from them so far.
- NEC also got one. Our local dealer got a response that we have too small
volumes
  to be in a position to get those devices.
  I do not know what is "small volumes" for them. I suppose that they are
not willing
  to take care of small companies ...
- Lucent technologies used to have one. It vanishes in the recent cut-downs.

I hope this can help.
I have not heard of any chip which is able to handle the 3 speeds. However
and as far as I know, the Philips chip might be OK if it can handle the
controller requirements. Not sure ...

Rgds,

Thierry