From: Lars Segerlund [mailto:lars.segerlund@comsys.se]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 10:29 PM
To: cores@opencores.org
Subject: Re: [oc] problem about "petrify"

  Is the file an executable with the x flag set ?

  If the file is there and youre using an absolute path, perhaps you are
missing something simple ?

  what does ls -l <executable> say ? or file <executable>

  / segerlund.

cherrxiao@vip.sina.com wrote:
> Hi Segerlund,
>
> I have tested using absolute path to execute "petrify" and it still
response like this: " petrify: Command not found."
> What I do are:
> unzip the zip file, untar it.
> add the bin directory to path variable.
> but cant work.
> Would anybody having successfully run it on linux help me?
> My os is redhat7.3.
> Thanks!
>
>>Yes it can't find it, if you specify ./petrify it should work, >or att
>>. to your path ( which is not recommended ! ).
>>
>> so
>>
>>%./petrify
>>
>>should run it
>>

> cherrxiao@vip.sina.com wrote:
>
>>Dear friends,
>>
>>Does anyone has the experience using petrify which is an asynchronous
circuit synthesis tool from this website?
>>http://www.lsi.upc.es/~jordic/petrify/petrify.html
>>
>>I download the "petrify-4.0-linux.tar.gz" (linux version) but it cannot
work. The error message is like following: