Re: proclamation of intent

    > The fields and enums should have human-readable Help strings
    > (multi-line allowed?), and these strings need to be available to
    > the client.

    > I would like that all configuration stuff is read and parsed by
    > GNATS, and when sent to the client, it is formatted and written
    > by GNATS (gnatsd) such that the client just parses it and
    > doesn't have to check for errors for remove comments. By this I
    > mean that GNATS shouldn't just copy a gnats admin file to the
    > output (gnats used to do this; I removed a few cases of
    > it). This also makes the formatting of the info more consistent
    > for parsing by clients.

I agree here.  The less verifing that the front ends have to do the
better.  Gnats should make sure everything is correct and then send
just what is needed across the net.

Mike Sutton                      | public class
SAIC				 | software_failure : management_failure
Beavercreek, OH			 |
Suttonm@saic.com                 | These are MY opinions, not SAIC's