Re: getting gnats

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Jason wrote:

> Raymond Marshall wrote:
>
> > If gnats is under the GPL, why can I get to its FTP site without an
> > account and password?
>
> It is not.
>
> You are probably using Internet Explorer, maybe version five.  It
> misinterprets the message "Maximum number of anonftp users reached,
> here is a list of mirrors" and instead prompts you to enter a
> password/login name without any hint as to what the problem was.

I use netscape 4.7 on Solaris.  From home (where I use the same version,
but on Linux), I did get the maximum number error, but it also said the
password was wrong.  Curious.

Furthermore, using ncftp to ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gnats/index.html
gave me a bad password message, too.

From home I did finally get into your home page, and from there I clecked
on "GNATS 3.113 released" which took me to
	ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gnats/snapshots/index.html
from which I was able to download a copy.  (Interesting address :-)

/  Ray
NORTEL Networks                            |  ESN 352-4731  |  RTP, NC
Product Web Enablement                     |  919-992-4731