GNU Enterprise Common is a common library of routines that
GNUe Forms, GNUe Designer, GNUe Reports and
GNUe Application Server use to provide various shared
- Database Abstraction - to support
multiple different database back-ends.
- A Client-Server application framework - to allow
different parts of the GNUe framwork to
operate on different physical machines.
- RPC abstraction - to support
multiple different Remote Procedure Call
- Object-to-XML and XML-to-Object library -
a common XML parser.
It is also, under the name GNU-RPC, a proposed
standard RPC module for use by any GNU project, or any
other project, that needs database and RPC abstraction.
Database back-end servers which are currently supported
- Free database servers:
- Non-free database servers:
- Generic database servers:
- ODBC (Open DataBase Connectivity)
Remote Protocol Communication standards that are
intended to be supported include:
Release 0.5.3 (March 2004) available for download.
Development work continues in CVS.