Re: Install-Problems

From: Jens Puruckherr (puru@elbvilla.de)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 11:15:20 CEST

Michele Andreoli schrieb:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 02:57:44PM +0200, Jens Puruckherr wrote:
> >
> > The Ram in the PCMCIA is unreachable for Linux????
> >

> With Linux, maybe; but muLinux ( a miserable floppy ) don't support PCMCIA
> card.

These are the messages when I boot muLinux on this Laptop with 2MB + 4MB
PCMCIA-RAM!!!

> Thanks Jens for this report: very complete and useful.

It was a pleasure for me :-)

> eh??? You still use a very old release, maybe? This mongoloid prompt
> was removed since 4* (?).

It's version.... moment please...version 2.0.36 from 22.Febr. 99
should be 5.4 or so...

> Your PC is a PC embedded in a super-relativistic battle-ship?
> The hardware clock seems slowed by a gamma factor :)))

remember: 386SX20!

> > 3. "ps ax" ....Cannot fork!
> >

> Gulp!

yes!

> > Why is the system sooo slow??
>
> Mah! A statistical fluctuation? :)
> You never installed other Linux kernel on this PC?

I thought muLinux is the optimal OS for this small system...an so I have a
good diagnostic-laptop for the windows-network at work....is it only a
dream????

where are my DOS-Floppys.....:-(

Greetings

Jens