Re: upgrade path from 6r4 to 7r5?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 22:10:48 CET

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 05:16:45PM -0200, Vieira Netto nicely wrote:
> Hello World of MuLinux!
>
> Hello VR. Venkateswaran,
>
> I think the way you want is not possible, but michele can answer this
> one for you correctly.
>
> For a while, if you have a umsdos instalation, you can rename LINUX
> directory in dos to LINUX6, and install v7r5 as LINUX. This way you can
> save your contents and migrate your changes when you have time. I dont
> know if you cant run mu from LINUX6, but you can try.

A good solution: I suggest it. muLinux isn't organized in package,
with release number, etc. This is a typical italian product and
development is caotic caotic.

The best solution should be: Karl-Heinze Zimmer (a german guy) to development
planning and I (an italian guy) to magazine promotion,
but it happen the exact contrary :-)
Isn't true, KHZ?

(KHZ send me periodically german magazines with articles about muLinux,
in german, a language I speak fluently)

Michele