Re: mu TECH: a new uglified 'hexd'

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 19:26:41 CEST

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 12:13:04PM +0200, Miguel Angel nicely wrote:

> This is a point not very clear in this mailing list. What policy should we
> adopt? (At least source code always should be provided)
> And what max size should we consider comfotable to post without causing anybody
> to wait an eternity to download mail?

To send code directly on the mailing-list is not the usual policy. Only
code with some explanatory scope (1-5 rows) is tollerable, if
instructive and pedagogical. This had been, since its birthday, a list
devoted not to development, but humanism: languages, humor, italian wines
vs. german wines, etc, enclosed in a Linux-based frame.

Neverthless, tgz and patches can be usefully announced on the list
and sent to me in attachment. In my humble opinion, this is the right
thing, until subscribers do not like to change policy explicitily.

Michele

P.S. fdformat.exe do not work in my Win98 :-)