[mu SETUP] kernel custumization

From: Roger Brailly (r.brailly@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 14:50:00 CEST

I try to recompile mulinux using mu -u (then after custumization : mu -r

).
I take the file root.gz and put it under my (MSDOS) directory named
'muinst'.
I reboot my computer under MSDOS and I launch 'c:\muinst\install'
to create my mulinux clone under 'c:\linux'. But at boot time when it
found the compressed ramdisk image at block 0, I obtain the following
error :

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filessytem).
EXT2-fs error (device 01:00: ext2_find_entry: bad entry in directory #2:

rec_len is too small for name_len - offset=0, inode=2, rec_len=12,
name_len=513

...(the same message a second time)...

VFS: Cannot open root device 03:41 Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount
root fs on 03:41

Note : after compilation with 'mu -r' the size of the file root.gz is
553
while
the size before compilation was 550. And when I try to boot with 550
sized
root.gz all is OK...

Thanks for answer.