Re: plip with mulinux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 09:54:38 CEST

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:07:07PM +0200, Sven Conrad nicely wrote:
> One the other side, if this one script is avanced
> enough,
> may be the setup for multi eth is solved as sideeffect. Allso, if there
> is
> more than one network device, the routing becomes more important. May
> be, this
> is a good centralized think. Any device could be set as direct or
> masquraded
> and stuff like this. That would be allso a solution for my general
> problem
> on plip, where I setup allso masqurading, which will interfere with ppp
> masqurading.

You, Sven, explained very well all my current dubts. The only solution is
a newtork interface per file, but to project a non-trivial routing
policy is out of my knowledge. In addiction, I have to do that with the
old ipfwadm :-(

To test the complex environment with 3/4 interfaces (two ethernet, serial
and paralled) up and running is remarkable task, with only two computer!

To setup the code for any interface eth/pcmcia/ppp/plip is not difficult,
but to imagine an useful and general routing mechanism is complex.

Michele