Re: hardware question, a little off-topic

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 19:24:10 CEST

> Hi,
> I have an off-topic question, but not so much off topic... I have
> recuperated old PC's, and maybe I will install mu on them (so it isn't
> really offtopic ;-).
> But there are strange ports (strange for me, I hope) on them.
> There is one which is a female with 7 + 8 holes, and ressemble a normal
> parallel port.
> The other strange thing is a normal parallel port, but male. What is it
> for ?
> I recuperated some ports that are not integrated but on ISA cards. Does
> it pose a problem to Linux ?
> Is it possible to use them on a computer with those ports allready built
> in the motherboard ?

Well some of the ports may be some sort of external scsi bus and
if I recall I once had a computer where the keyboard went on a D-
connector (like serial and parnell ports)

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430