Re: Attn: Scripting wizards

From: ian@hfs.dhs.org
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 10:41:19 CEST

Bill--

        A script to do this would actually defeat it's own purpose because
ping with the appropriate options and redirection to an output file would
do the same thing...Though you'd have to convert the duration by hand
expressed in means of a count.

Of course, if you really wanted, here's a basic script that'd do the
trick..

ping -c $[$2/$3] $1 > $4

# END OF SCRIPT

I don't guarentee the script works, as I haven't tested it.

--Ian Elliot