Re: In case anyones interested:)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 10:29:36 CET

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 01:27:36AM +0100, Mark Roberts nicely wrote:

> Have we no 'sort' in mu? I have one here:
>
> GNU sort 1.22, size 22760 bytes
>
> and it can do EVERYTHING, as you will have guessed. The idea of mergesort
> implemented in awk is intriguing ...

An algorithm expert?! There is a sort.awk in /usr/script (usr/bin/sort
is a symlink to it). It took it from the MAWK package samples, with
my modifications to handle supplied field.

I can put GNU sort in some high order addon.

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen