some butchering

From: winsor SMP (
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 23:18:57 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) greetings,

I've started work on "butchering" the base mulinux11r2 disk.
Primary purpose is to include thttpd, e3(wstar version with help), passwd, perl(binary only v5.003) and lilo(to allow ext2 installs, along with a few web related perl CGI scripts.
As of this time everythings been "shoehorned in" except passwd and I've still got 34k uncompressed free space on the disk.
So far it's working, but I've got about a zillion loose ends*grin*(dialog based empty menus mostly).
An ext2 installation was successful including lilo.*jumping with joy*
To do this though I've had to "rape" almost all of the other functionality from the base floppy.*sigh*
This is just an experiment, for fun and has no bearing on muLinux as a whole.
Only my semi perverted attempt to learn much more about the internal workings of Michele's script wizardry
When finished, if allowed I'll include it on my old clunker next to as both a zip file and a .tgz for use in creating a boot floppy.


village idiot town drunk
purveyor of fine computer junk

Visit the world's greatest site at and listen to the fart
of the day. Also, get your very own E-mail account. FREE!!!!!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Sat Feb 08 2003 - 15:27:17 CET