Re: strange BC rights

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 13:19:09 CET

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 04:23:19AM +0000, Roman Sizykh nicely wrote:
> I tried run bc under usual (not root) account. I got 'permission denided'.
> /root# ls -la /usr/script/mu-bc
> -rwx--x--x 1 root root 1189 Apr 10 1999 /usr/script/mu-bc*
> I must calculate only as ROOT?

Multi-user in muLinux is, usually, a problem, because it is script based.
In the case of "bc", it use a file called /tmp/mubc. So, if you use it
first as ROOT, you cannot use it as USER, if you didn't cancelled this file.

The file is owned by root for ever. A change is required in this script.

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen