[mu TECH] EXT2-fs error

From: Hans-Emil Skogh (vupeak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 11:06:39 CET

Hi everyone!

I have been experimenting with muLinux for a week (great experience!) and
have now run into a problem...
I have created a bootdisk that works great on a P90 with 32MB ram, but when
i try to boot my 486 with 8MB ram with the bootdisk i get the following
problem:
The system starts just fine, but after loading the USR-addon i get the
message:

EXT2-fs error (device 01:01):
ext2_find_entry: bad entry in directory
#338: recl_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0,
name_len=0

The system continues to load and the errormessage is displayed over and over
again. I get to the loginpromt and i am able to log in to the system and do
things, but the errormessage is still occuring on almost every command....

Does anyone have a idea? Is the RAM in the machine bad or does it have any
other explenation? I also found this link searching the net
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9604.1/0742.html
, but im not sure if and how it could help me...

Hans-Emil