mu SETUP: problem w/ SoundBlaster setup

From: Banerjee, Sudipta (sudipta.banerjee@lmco.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 20:29:02 CEST

Hi -

I am trying to set up my Pentium 133 (32 MB RAM) so that I can use the
svncviewer (or the xvnc viewer) to remotely access a Win NT wkstn. PC.

I have successfully created the muLinux boot floppy along with the add-on
floppies (SRV, WKS, X11, VNC) which I wanted.

When the boot floppy comes to the part of the setup where I can configure my
sound card (SoundBlaster 16 PnP - ISA card), the 'poke' utility tries the
IO=220/IRQ=5 combination but is unable to find the sound card.

As this is an ISA PnP sound card, there are no jumpers to use for manually
setting the IO & IRQ values. In addition, the IO=220/IRQ=5 settings work
just fine when I'm running Windows 98 on this PC.

Also, I've tried to set up the 'isapnp' options using an 'isapnp.conf ' file
(which contains the ranges of IO & IRQ values which are valid for this sound
card).

Still, I am unable to hear audio using through sound card while I am using
muLinux.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sud Banerjee
Sudipta.banerjee@lmco.com <mailto:Sudipta.banerjee@lmco.com>