Re: Notes about mulinux 11r12-47 el torito

From: Albrecht Kleine (kleine@ak.sax.de)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 21:44:21 CEST

Hi, Michele

> > i.e. IP address, type of ethernet device etc. was lost.
>
> I think, the roclone "sanitize" something setups. You will find
> this part of code in /usr/clone/roclone

> chroot $INITRD setup -a custom sanitize 2>/dev/null
>
> sanitize() is a function embedded in the *.fun. Its purpose is
> to remove POP3 passwords, and other dangerous setup (such swap!)
> As you well guest, this CD-ROM has to be transportable in every
> machine, this is the original intention.

Okay, good hint, thanks :)
Maybe you could add another menu item in roclone to do
this sanitize as extra preparing step ?
(Later, if you find some time of course....)

> > 3. /usr/tips/items/apps/dis-assembler did not work.
>
> ndisasm should be in the GCC, I think. "which ndisasm" worked?
Yes, so I was quite sure knowing to have it installed.

> > replaced -z with -f.

I am not an expert in shell scripting , but IMHO it's a question
of "-z" versus "-f" in that "tips" script.

> the new release. On the other hand, new releases are now so rare
> events :-( I currently have not time to work again on muLinux.

Oooooops, that are no good news :-(

Cheers,
Albrecht