Re: mu SETUP has anybody Netscape/Opera running under muLinux

From: Albrecht Kleine (kleine@ak.sax.de)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 18:40:32 CEST

Hi,

> I want to use my muLinux to setup a surfstation for some 486/66 16 MB.
>
> The PCs are connected to some LAN and should server as Interenet Terminals.
>
> I'd like to have some browser that supports many oft the latest gimics of the
> internet i.e. java-script maybe flash.

Sorry, can't help you, but I have a question: do you have a X11 server
any other than VGA16 running in muLinux ?

Personally I had some trouble using a precompiled SVGA binary from SuSE.
It runs, but only at 320x200 pixels -- at least with 256 colors.

I am not sure about the reason for low 320x200, but because the used
graphics device is a MATROX G200, and I suppose early X11 releases
does not really support that kind of VGA card?

Any experiences...?
What VGA hardware and X11 software are you using ?

Cheers
Albrecht