[mu lilo.conf] Prompt for ROOT floppy.

From: Joshua Hudson (joshudson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 23:12:29 CEST

I am developing from muLinux a single-floppy dialup client
with the internet clients telnet, ssh, lynx, and ftp--a
MAJOR redesign. The floppy seems to build correctly and
without any errors, but it doesn't work.

To be precise, the kernel boots, loads the ramdisk (successfully)
and prompts for the ROOT floppy:

Compressed image found at block xxx
VFS: mounted root EXT2 filesystem
INSERT ROOT FLOPPY AND PRESS ENTER.

No, I have not modified the kernel. Here is my lilo.conf file.

boot=/dev/fd0H1722
install=mnt/boot.b
map=mnt/map
message=mnt/boot.msg
backup=/dev/null
read-write
vga=normal
prompt
delay=40
timeout=50

image=mnt/zImage
label=zImage
root=/dev/fd0H1722
append="load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 \
ramdisk_size=$PACKED ramdisk_start=$BASE vga=ask"

$PACKED is the packed size of the root filesystem (gzipped)
$BASE is the location of the ramdisk on the floppy.
zImage is the mulinux kernel. The floppy is mounted on mnt.