Re: The Opera browser

From: Andre Ruppert (ar@vision-net.de)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 10:31:21 CEST

am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2001 22:50 schrieben Sie:
> Hello friends,
>
> what do you think about Opera? It seems to me a very good browser,
> but it is not OpenSource, or I'm wrong?
>
> Michele

Hello Michele,

no, Opera is neither open source nor under any other similar license.

There ar two versions: a commercial one (have to pay for...) and a free
version (with banner ads in the header).

I use the commercial version for years (win32) and used also all linux
versions, starting from the first beta.

I prefer opera in any case - although there are some $%&((/%$-url´s,
which cause problems - most of them specially "designed " for msie.

Opera is _really_ fast and small (but beware of java...)

You should give it a try... ;-)

hand

--
Andre Ruppert