Re: mu SETUP Still quite confused

From: Shannon Mecklenburg (shannon@mecklenburg.cc)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 21:44:56 CET

Actually it's an IDE Flash Drive from Simple Tech
http://www.simpletech.com/products/flash/flash-drives-ide.htm. The drive
connects to the IDE controller and looks just like a hard drive to the
unit. The motherboard is from Advantech and is the 4823 model with AMD
586-133mhz processor, VGA, Realtec network controller, LCD connectors and
the board is about the size of a hard
drive. http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-4823.asp

Ideally the M-Sys DiskOnChip would be a better way to go because they are
cheaper, but unfortunately there seems that you have to do some special
things to LILO to make it work including recompiling the kernel.

Who makes the Flash Drive that your computer uses and who makes the
board. I'm curious now!. Also what mini linux are you running on it?