RE: /etc/rc.d

From: Dirk Heilemann (dirk.heilemann@telindus.de)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 14:03:32 CEST

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:15:25AM +0200, Dirk Heilemann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > one think I always missed in mu was my preferred way to stop and start
> > services with /etc/rc.d/dosomethingd stop. The problem was, that I
> couldn't
> > remember the "simple" command in mulinux.
>
> Michele Andreoli [m.andreoli@tin.it] wrote

> Oh, this is *really* the best feature in mulinux! Really!
>
> # setup XYZ (this start)
> # setup XYZ stop (this stop)
> # setup XYZ restart (this stop and start)
>
> Why you dislike that?

No, I don't dislike it. It's just that I got 4 other Linux boxes around and
I am too stupid to remember that mu uses a different command to stop/start
daemons. The /etc/rc.d/ stuff is linux standard and maintaining standards is
important IMHO.

Anyway, my script is just a smart reference to your "setup XYZ" and anybody
with not enough room for additional 470 bytes may ignore it.

Dirk

29th Telindus International Symposium
Thursday, October 24, 2002
Brussel Expo, Brussels, Belgium

Meet over 2.000 business & ICT professionals for an in-depth networking
update at Telindus' 29th International Symposium.

Check out the programme, partners, workshops and register now for free:
http://www.telindussymposium.com
<<<