Subject: CVE-2024-39466: thermal/drivers/qcom/lmh: Check for SCM availability at probe

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

thermal/drivers/qcom/lmh: Check for SCM availability at probe

Up until now, the necessary scm availability check has not been
performed, leading to possible null pointer dereferences (which did
happen for me on RB1).

Fix that.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39466 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 53bca371cdf7 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 2226b145afa5
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 53bca371cdf7 and fixed in 6.1.94 with commit 560d69c97507
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 53bca371cdf7 and fixed in 6.6.34 with commit 0a47ba94ec3d
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 53bca371cdf7 and fixed in 6.9.5 with commit aa1a0807b4a7
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 53bca371cdf7 and fixed in 6.10 with commit d9d3490c48df

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39466
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/thermal/qcom/lmh.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2226b145afa5e13cb60dbe77fb20fb0666a1caf3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/560d69c975072974c11434ca6953891e74c1a665
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a47ba94ec3d8f782b33e3d970cfcb769b962464
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa1a0807b4a76b44fb6b58a7e9087cd4b18ab41b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d9d3490c48df572edefc0b64655259eefdcbb9be