Subject: CVE-2024-39478: crypto: starfive - Do not free stack buffer

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: starfive - Do not free stack buffer

RSA text data uses variable length buffer allocated in software stack.
Calling kfree on it causes undefined behaviour in subsequent operations.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39478 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.5 with commit 5944de192663
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit d7f01649f4ea

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39478
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/crypto/starfive/jh7110-rsa.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5944de192663f272033501dcd322b008fca72006
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7f01649f4eaf1878472d3d3f480ae1e50d98f6c