Subject: CVE-2024-39481: media: mc: Fix graph walk in media_pipeline_start

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: mc: Fix graph walk in media_pipeline_start

The graph walk tries to follow all links, even if they are not between
pads. This causes a crash with, e.g. a MEDIA_LNK_FL_ANCILLARY_LINK link.

Fix this by allowing the walk to proceed only for MEDIA_LNK_FL_DATA_LINK
links.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39481 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit ae219872834a and fixed in 6.1.94 with commit 788fd0f11e45
	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit ae219872834a and fixed in 6.6.34 with commit e80d9db99b7b
	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit ae219872834a and fixed in 6.9.5 with commit bee9440bc0b6
	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit ae219872834a and fixed in 6.10 with commit 8a9d420149c4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39481
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/mc/mc-entity.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/788fd0f11e45ae8d3a8ebbd3452a6e83f92db376
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e80d9db99b7b6c697d8d952dfd25c3425cf61499
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bee9440bc0b6b3b7432f7bfde28656262a3484a2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8a9d420149c477e7c97fbd6453704e4612bdd3fa