Subject: CVE-2024-40986: dmaengine: xilinx: xdma: Fix data synchronisation in xdma_channel_isr()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dmaengine: xilinx: xdma: Fix data synchronisation in xdma_channel_isr()

Requests the vchan lock before using xdma->stop_request.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40986 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 6a40fb824596 and fixed in 6.9.7 with commit 8e1f54e4a3f3
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 6a40fb824596 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 462237d2d93f
	Issue introduced in 6.8.9 with commit 582ce5d73419

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40986
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/dma/xilinx/xdma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e1f54e4a3f3207c9dc68bb5000603b75802e7f0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/462237d2d93fc9e9221d1cf9f773954d27da83c0