Subject: CVE-2024-40999: net: ena: Add validation for completion descriptors consistency

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ena: Add validation for completion descriptors consistency

Validate that `first` flag is set only for the first
descriptor in multi-buffer packets.
In case of an invalid descriptor, a reset will occur.
A new reset reason for RX data corruption has been added.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40999 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.7 with commit 42146ee5286f
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit b37b98a3a0c1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40999
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_eth_com.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_netdev.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/amazon/ena/ena_regs_defs.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/42146ee5286f16f1674a84f7c274dcca65c6ff2e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b37b98a3a0c1198bafe8c2d9ce0bc845b4e7a9a7