Subject: CVE-2024-41020: filelock: Fix fcntl/close race recovery compat path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

filelock: Fix fcntl/close race recovery compat path

When I wrote commit 3cad1bc01041 ("filelock: Remove locks reliably when
fcntl/close race is detected"), I missed that there are two copies of the
code I was patching: The normal version, and the version for 64-bit offsets
on 32-bit kernels.
Thanks to Greg KH for stumbling over this while doing the stable
backport...

Apply exactly the same fix to the compat path for 32-bit kernels.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41020 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 4.19.319 with commit a561145f3ae9
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 5.4.281 with commit 4c43ad4ab416
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 5.10.223 with commit 911cc83e56a2
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 5.15.164 with commit 53e21cfa68a7
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 6.1.102 with commit f4d0775c6e2f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 6.6.43 with commit 73ae349534eb
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 6.9.12 with commit 5b0af8e4c70e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 6.10.2 with commit ed898f9ca3fa
	Issue introduced in 2.6.13 with commit c293621bbf67 and fixed in 6.11 with commit f8138f2ad2f7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41020
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/locks.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a561145f3ae973ebf3e0aee41624e92a6c5cb38d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c43ad4ab41602201d34c66ac62130fe339d686f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/911cc83e56a2de5a40758766c6a70d6998248860
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/53e21cfa68a7d12de378b7116c75571f73e0dfa2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f4d0775c6e2f1340ca0725f0337de149aaa989ca
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/73ae349534ebc377328e7d21891e589626c6e82c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b0af8e4c70e4b884bb94ff5f0cd49ecf1273c02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed898f9ca3fa32c56c858b463ceb9d9936cc69c4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8138f2ad2f745b9a1c696a05b749eabe44337ea