Subject: CVE-2024-41037: ASoC: SOF: Intel: hda: fix null deref on system suspend entry

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: SOF: Intel: hda: fix null deref on system suspend entry

When system enters suspend with an active stream, SOF core
calls hw_params_upon_resume(). On Intel platforms with HDA DMA used
to manage the link DMA, this leads to call chain of

   hda_dsp_set_hw_params_upon_resume()
 -> hda_dsp_dais_suspend()
 -> hda_dai_suspend()
 -> hda_ipc4_post_trigger()

A bug is hit in hda_dai_suspend() as hda_link_dma_cleanup() is run first,
which clears hext_stream->link_substream, and then hda_ipc4_post_trigger()
is called with a NULL snd_pcm_substream pointer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41037 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 2b009fa0823c and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit 8246bbf818ed
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 2b009fa0823c and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit 993af0f2d9f2
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 2b009fa0823c and fixed in 6.10 with commit 9065693dcc13

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41037
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/sof/intel/hda-dai.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8246bbf818ed7b8d5afc92b951e6d562b45c2450
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/993af0f2d9f24e3c18a445ae22b34190d1fcad61
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9065693dcc13f287b9e4991f43aee70cf5538fdd