Subject: CVE-2024-41040: net/sched: Fix UAF when resolving a clash

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/sched: Fix UAF when resolving a clash

KASAN reports the following UAF:

 BUG: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in tcf_ct_flow_table_process_conn+0x12b/0x380 [act_ct]
 Read of size 1 at addr ffff888c07603600 by task handler130/6469

 Call Trace:
  <IRQ>
  dump_stack_lvl+0x48/0x70
  print_address_description.constprop.0+0x33/0x3d0
  print_report+0xc0/0x2b0
  kasan_report+0xd0/0x120
  __asan_load1+0x6c/0x80
  tcf_ct_flow_table_process_conn+0x12b/0x380 [act_ct]
  tcf_ct_act+0x886/0x1350 [act_ct]
  tcf_action_exec+0xf8/0x1f0
  fl_classify+0x355/0x360 [cls_flower]
  __tcf_classify+0x1fd/0x330
  tcf_classify+0x21c/0x3c0
  sch_handle_ingress.constprop.0+0x2c5/0x500
  __netif_receive_skb_core.constprop.0+0xb25/0x1510
  __netif_receive_skb_list_core+0x220/0x4c0
  netif_receive_skb_list_internal+0x446/0x620
  napi_complete_done+0x157/0x3d0
  gro_cell_poll+0xcf/0x100
  __napi_poll+0x65/0x310
  net_rx_action+0x30c/0x5c0
  __do_softirq+0x14f/0x491
  __irq_exit_rcu+0x82/0xc0
  irq_exit_rcu+0xe/0x20
  common_interrupt+0xa1/0xb0
  </IRQ>
  <TASK>
  asm_common_interrupt+0x27/0x40

 Allocated by task 6469:
  kasan_save_stack+0x38/0x70
  kasan_set_track+0x25/0x40
  kasan_save_alloc_info+0x1e/0x40
  __kasan_krealloc+0x133/0x190
  krealloc+0xaa/0x130
  nf_ct_ext_add+0xed/0x230 [nf_conntrack]
  tcf_ct_act+0x1095/0x1350 [act_ct]
  tcf_action_exec+0xf8/0x1f0
  fl_classify+0x355/0x360 [cls_flower]
  __tcf_classify+0x1fd/0x330
  tcf_classify+0x21c/0x3c0
  sch_handle_ingress.constprop.0+0x2c5/0x500
  __netif_receive_skb_core.constprop.0+0xb25/0x1510
  __netif_receive_skb_list_core+0x220/0x4c0
  netif_receive_skb_list_internal+0x446/0x620
  napi_complete_done+0x157/0x3d0
  gro_cell_poll+0xcf/0x100
  __napi_poll+0x65/0x310
  net_rx_action+0x30c/0x5c0
  __do_softirq+0x14f/0x491

 Freed by task 6469:
  kasan_save_stack+0x38/0x70
  kasan_set_track+0x25/0x40
  kasan_save_free_info+0x2b/0x60
  ____kasan_slab_free+0x180/0x1f0
  __kasan_slab_free+0x12/0x30
  slab_free_freelist_hook+0xd2/0x1a0
  __kmem_cache_free+0x1a2/0x2f0
  kfree+0x78/0x120
  nf_conntrack_free+0x74/0x130 [nf_conntrack]
  nf_ct_destroy+0xb2/0x140 [nf_conntrack]
  __nf_ct_resolve_clash+0x529/0x5d0 [nf_conntrack]
  nf_ct_resolve_clash+0xf6/0x490 [nf_conntrack]
  __nf_conntrack_confirm+0x2c6/0x770 [nf_conntrack]
  tcf_ct_act+0x12ad/0x1350 [act_ct]
  tcf_action_exec+0xf8/0x1f0
  fl_classify+0x355/0x360 [cls_flower]
  __tcf_classify+0x1fd/0x330
  tcf_classify+0x21c/0x3c0
  sch_handle_ingress.constprop.0+0x2c5/0x500
  __netif_receive_skb_core.constprop.0+0xb25/0x1510
  __netif_receive_skb_list_core+0x220/0x4c0
  netif_receive_skb_list_internal+0x446/0x620
  napi_complete_done+0x157/0x3d0
  gro_cell_poll+0xcf/0x100
  __napi_poll+0x65/0x310
  net_rx_action+0x30c/0x5c0
  __do_softirq+0x14f/0x491

The ct may be dropped if a clash has been resolved but is still passed to
the tcf_ct_flow_table_process_conn function for further usage. This issue
can be fixed by retrieving ct from skb again after confirming conntrack.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41040 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10.43 with commit f07c54831477 and fixed in 5.10.222 with commit b81a523d54ea
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 0cc254e5aa37 and fixed in 5.15.163 with commit 2b4d68df3f57
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 0cc254e5aa37 and fixed in 6.1.100 with commit 4e71b10a1008
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 0cc254e5aa37 and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit 799a34901b63
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 0cc254e5aa37 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit ef472cc6693b
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 0cc254e5aa37 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 26488172b029
	Issue introduced in 5.12.10 with commit 30822781c899

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41040
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/sched/act_ct.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b81a523d54ea689414f67c9fb81a5b917a41ed55
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2b4d68df3f57ea746c430941ba9c03d7d8b5a23f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4e71b10a100861fb27d9c5755dfd68f615629fae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/799a34901b634008db4a7ece3900e2b971d4c932
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef472cc6693b16b202a916482df72f35d94bd69e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/26488172b0292bed837b95a006a3f3431d1898c3