Subject: CVE-2024-41061: drm/amd/display: Fix array-index-out-of-bounds in dml2/FCLKChangeSupport

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Fix array-index-out-of-bounds in dml2/FCLKChangeSupport

[Why]
Potential out of bounds access in dml2_calculate_rq_and_dlg_params()
because the value of out_lowest_state_idx used as an index for FCLKChangeSupport
array can be greater than 1.

[How]
Currently dml2 core specifies identical values for all FCLKChangeSupport
elements. Always use index 0 in the condition to avoid out of bounds access.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41061 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit 94166fe12543
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 0ad4b4a2f635

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41061
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml2/dml2_utils.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94166fe12543fbef122ca2d093e794ea41073a85
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0ad4b4a2f6357c45fbe444ead1a929a0b4017d03