Subject: CVE-2024-41073: nvme: avoid double free special payload

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme: avoid double free special payload

If a discard request needs to be retried, and that retry may fail before
a new special payload is added, a double free will result. Clear the
RQF_SPECIAL_LOAD when the request is cleaned.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41073 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.164 with commit c5942a14f795
	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit f3ab45aacd25
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit ae84383c96d6
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit 1b9fd1265fac
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit e5d574ab37f5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41073
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/host/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5942a14f795de957ae9d66027aac8ff4fe70057
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f3ab45aacd25d957547fb6d115c1574c20964b3b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ae84383c96d6662c24697ab6b44aae855ab670aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1b9fd1265fac85916f90b4648de02adccdb7220b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e5d574ab37f5f2e7937405613d9b1a724811e5ad