Subject: CVE-2024-41075: cachefiles: add consistency check for copen/cread

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

cachefiles: add consistency check for copen/cread

This prevents malicious processes from completing random copen/cread
requests and crashing the system. Added checks are listed below:

  * Generic, copen can only complete open requests, and cread can only
    complete read requests.
  * For copen, ondemand_id must not be 0, because this indicates that the
    request has not been read by the daemon.
  * For cread, the object corresponding to fd and req should be the same.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41075 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit 3b744884c043
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit 36d845ccd7bf
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit 8aaa6c5dd294
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit a26dc49df37e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41075
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/cachefiles/ondemand.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b744884c0431b5a62c92900e64bfd0ed61e8e2a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/36d845ccd7bf527110a65fe953886a176c209539
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8aaa6c5dd2940ab934d6cd296175f43dbb32b34a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a26dc49df37e996876f50a0210039b2d211fdd6f