Subject: CVE-2024-41076: NFSv4: Fix memory leak in nfs4_set_security_label

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

NFSv4: Fix memory leak in nfs4_set_security_label

We leak nfs_fattr and nfs4_label every time we set a security xattr.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41076 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit 899604a7c958
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit b98090699319
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit d130220ccc94
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit aad11473f8f4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41076
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/899604a7c958771840941caff9ee3dd8193d984c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b98090699319e64f5de1e8db5bb75870f1eb1c6e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d130220ccc94d74d70da984a199477937e7bf03c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aad11473f8f4be3df86461081ce35ec5b145ba68