Subject: CVE-2024-41089: drm/nouveau/dispnv04: fix null pointer dereference in nv17_tv_get_hd_modes

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/nouveau/dispnv04: fix null pointer dereference in nv17_tv_get_hd_modes

In nv17_tv_get_hd_modes(), the return value of drm_mode_duplicate() is
assigned to mode, which will lead to a possible NULL pointer dereference
on failure of drm_mode_duplicate(). The same applies to drm_cvt_mode().
Add a check to avoid null pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41089 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.317 with commit ffabad4aa91e
	Fixed in 5.4.279 with commit 1c9f2e60150b
	Fixed in 5.10.221 with commit 56fc4d3b0bde
	Fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 5eecb49a6c26
	Fixed in 6.1.97 with commit 30cbf6ffafbb
	Fixed in 6.6.37 with commit 7ece609b0ce7
	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit 6e49a157d541
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 6d411c8ccc01

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41089
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/dispnv04/tvnv17.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ffabad4aa91e33ced3c6ae793fb37771b3e9cb51
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c9f2e60150b4f13789064370e37f39e6e060f50
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/56fc4d3b0bdef691831cd95715a7ca3ebea98b2d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5eecb49a6c268dc229005bf6e8167d4001dc09a0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/30cbf6ffafbbdd8a6e4e5f0a2e9a9827ee83f3ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ece609b0ce7a7ea8acdf512a77d1fee26621637
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e49a157d541e7e97b815a56f4bdfcbc89844a59
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6d411c8ccc0137a612e0044489030a194ff5c843