Subject: CVE-2024-42064: drm/amd/display: Skip pipe if the pipe idx not set properly

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Skip pipe if the pipe idx not set properly

[why]
Driver crashes when pipe idx not set properly

[how]
Add code to skip the pipe that idx not set properly

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42064 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit 27df59c60714
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit af114efe8d24

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42064
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml2/dml2_utils.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27df59c6071470efce7182ee92fbb16afba551e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/af114efe8d24b5711cfbedf7180f2ac1a296c24b