Subject: CVE-2024-42144: thermal/drivers/mediatek/lvts_thermal: Check NULL ptr on lvts_data

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

thermal/drivers/mediatek/lvts_thermal: Check NULL ptr on lvts_data

Verify that lvts_data is not NULL before using it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42144 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 79ef1a5593fd
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit fd7ae1cabfed
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit a1191a77351e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42144
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/thermal/mediatek/lvts_thermal.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/79ef1a5593fdb8aa4dbccf6085c48f1739338bc9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fd7ae1cabfedd727be5bee774c87acbc7b10b886
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1191a77351e25ddf091bb1a231cae12ee598b5d