Subject: CVE-2024-42150: net: txgbe: remove separate irq request for MSI and INTx

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: txgbe: remove separate irq request for MSI and INTx

When using MSI or INTx interrupts, request_irq() for pdev->irq will
conflict with request_threaded_irq() for txgbe->misc.irq, to cause
system crash. So remove txgbe_request_irq() for MSI/INTx case, and
rename txgbe_request_msix_irqs() since it only request for queue irqs.

Add wx->misc_irq_domain to determine whether the driver creates an IRQ
domain and threaded request the IRQs.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42150 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit aefd013624a1 and fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 850103ebe6b0
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit aefd013624a1 and fixed in 6.10 with commit bd07a9817846
	Issue introduced in 6.8.12 with commit ffe8a87463c8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42150
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/libwx/wx_hw.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/libwx/wx_lib.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/libwx/wx_type.h
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/txgbe/txgbe_irq.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/txgbe/txgbe_irq.h
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/txgbe/txgbe_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/850103ebe6b062ee0ab0f6670205f861acc76ace
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd07a98178462e7a02ed2bf7dec90a00944c1da5