Subject: CVE-2024-42155: s390/pkey: Wipe copies of protected- and secure-keys

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

s390/pkey: Wipe copies of protected- and secure-keys

Although the clear-key of neither protected- nor secure-keys is
accessible, this key material should only be visible to the calling
process. So wipe all copies of protected- or secure-keys from stack,
even in case of an error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42155 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit c746f7ced4ad
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit f2ebdadd85af

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42155
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/s390/crypto/pkey_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c746f7ced4ad88ee48d0b6c92710e4674403185b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f2ebdadd85af4f4d0cae1e5d009c70eccc78c207