Subject: CVE-2024-42159: scsi: mpi3mr: Sanitise num_phys

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: mpi3mr: Sanitise num_phys

Information is stored in mr_sas_port->phy_mask, values larger then size of
this field shouldn't be allowed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42159 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.98 with commit b869ec89d2ee
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 586b41060113
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit c8707901b53a
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 3668651def2c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42159
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/mpi3mr/mpi3mr_transport.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b869ec89d2ee923d46608b76e54c006680c9b4df
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/586b41060113ae43032ec6c4a16d518cef5da6e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8707901b53a48106d7501bdbd0350cefaefa4cf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3668651def2c1622904e58b0280ee93121f2b10b