Subject: CVE-2024-42228: drm/amdgpu: Using uninitialized value *size when calling amdgpu_vce_cs_reloc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Using uninitialized value *size when calling amdgpu_vce_cs_reloc

Initialize the size before calling amdgpu_vce_cs_reloc, such as case 0x03000001.
V2: To really improve the handling we would actually
   need to have a separate value of 0xffffffff.(Christian)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42228 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.321 with commit d35cf41c8eb5
	Fixed in 5.4.283 with commit 3b5057594476
	Fixed in 5.10.225 with commit df02642c21c9
	Fixed in 5.15.166 with commit da6a85d19788
	Fixed in 6.1.108 with commit 9ee1534ecdd5
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 855ae72c2031
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit f8f120b3de48
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 88a9a467c548

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42228
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vce.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d35cf41c8eb5d9fe95b21ae6ee2910f9ba4878e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b505759447637dcccb50cbd98ec6f8d2a04fc46
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/df02642c21c984303fe34c3f7d72965792fb1a15
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/da6a85d197888067e8d38b5d22c986b5b5cab712
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9ee1534ecdd5b4c013064663502d7fde824d2144
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/855ae72c20310e5402b2317fc537d911e87537ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8f120b3de48b8b6bdf8988a9b334c2d61c17440
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/88a9a467c548d0b3c7761b4fd54a68e70f9c0944