Subject: CVE-2024-42242: mmc: sdhci: Fix max_seg_size for 64KiB PAGE_SIZE

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mmc: sdhci: Fix max_seg_size for 64KiB PAGE_SIZE

blk_queue_max_segment_size() ensured:

	if (max_size < PAGE_SIZE)
		max_size = PAGE_SIZE;

whereas:

blk_validate_limits() makes it an error:

	if (WARN_ON_ONCE(lim->max_segment_size < PAGE_SIZE))
		return -EINVAL;

The change from one to the other, exposed sdhci which was setting maximum
segment size too low in some circumstances.

Fix the maximum segment size when it is too low.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42242 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 616f87661792 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit bf78b1accef4
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 616f87661792 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 63d20a94f24f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42242
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bf78b1accef46efd9b624967cb74ae8d3c215a2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/63d20a94f24fc1cbaf44d0e7c0e0a8077fde0aef