Subject: CVE-2024-42263: drm/v3d: Fix potential memory leak in the timestamp extension

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/v3d: Fix potential memory leak in the timestamp extension

If fetching of userspace memory fails during the main loop, all drm sync
objs looked up until that point will be leaked because of the missing
drm_syncobj_put.

Fix it by exporting and using a common cleanup helper.

(cherry picked from commit 753ce4fea62182c77e1691ab4f9022008f25b62e)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42263 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 9ba0ff3e083f and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 9b5033ee2c5a
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 9ba0ff3e083f and fixed in 6.11 with commit 0e50fcc20bd8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42263
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_drv.h
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_sched.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_submit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9b5033ee2c5af6d1135a403df32d219ab57e55f9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0e50fcc20bd87584840266e8004f9064a8985b4f