Subject: CVE-2024-42264: drm/v3d: Prevent out of bounds access in performance query extensions

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/v3d: Prevent out of bounds access in performance query extensions

Check that the number of perfmons userspace is passing in the copy and
reset extensions is not greater than the internal kernel storage where
the ids will be copied into.

(cherry picked from commit f32b5128d2c440368b5bf3a7a356823e235caabb)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42264 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit bae7cb5d6800 and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 73ad583bd493
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit bae7cb5d6800 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 6ce9efd12ae8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42264
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_submit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/73ad583bd4938bf37d2709fc36901eb6f22f2722
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ce9efd12ae81cf46bf44eb0348594558dfbb9d2