Subject: CVE-2024-42273: f2fs: assign CURSEG_ALL_DATA_ATGC if blkaddr is valid

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: assign CURSEG_ALL_DATA_ATGC if blkaddr is valid

mkdir /mnt/test/comp
f2fs_io setflags compression /mnt/test/comp
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/test/comp/testfile bs=16k count=1
truncate --size 13 /mnt/test/comp/testfile

In the above scenario, we can get a BUG_ON.
 kernel BUG at fs/f2fs/segment.c:3589!
 Call Trace:
  do_write_page+0x78/0x390 [f2fs]
  f2fs_outplace_write_data+0x62/0xb0 [f2fs]
  f2fs_do_write_data_page+0x275/0x740 [f2fs]
  f2fs_write_single_data_page+0x1dc/0x8f0 [f2fs]
  f2fs_write_multi_pages+0x1e5/0xae0 [f2fs]
  f2fs_write_cache_pages+0xab1/0xc60 [f2fs]
  f2fs_write_data_pages+0x2d8/0x330 [f2fs]
  do_writepages+0xcf/0x270
  __writeback_single_inode+0x44/0x350
  writeback_sb_inodes+0x242/0x530
  __writeback_inodes_wb+0x54/0xf0
  wb_writeback+0x192/0x310
  wb_workfn+0x30d/0x400

The reason is we gave CURSEG_ALL_DATA_ATGC to COMPR_ADDR where the
page was set the gcing flag by set_cluster_dirty().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42273 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.1.77 with commit 7c972c894575 and fixed in 6.1.104 with commit 5fd057160ab2
	Issue introduced in 6.6.16 with commit 417b8a91f4e8 and fixed in 6.6.45 with commit 4239571c5db4
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 4961acdd65c9 and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 0cd106612396
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 4961acdd65c9 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 8cb1f4080dd9
	Issue introduced in 5.15.149 with commit 7ea0f29d9fd8
	Issue introduced in 6.7.4 with commit b8094c0f1aae

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42273
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/segment.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5fd057160ab240dd816ae09b625395d54c297de1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4239571c5db46a42f723b8fa8394039187c34439
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0cd106612396656d6f1ca17ef192c6759bb60791
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8cb1f4080dd91c6e6b01dbea013a3f42341cb6a1